Specialty Resins – Food And Beverage*
World over there is a very high consumption of fruit juices. Some of the fruit juices especially citrus juices need to be de-bittered to a certain extent so that it can be consumed. Also in some juices, an acid reduction or ratio adjustment is needed to make a saleable product. Some juices like Orange juice, grapefruit juice and some food materials like whey, malt alcoholic solution use adsorbent resins for purification purpose. Adsorbent resins would remove some materials which are not required for further processing like organic substances from the process streams.
The advantages of using TULSION® resins are:
- Range of adsorbent having varying hydrophilicity for effective removal of target impurities
- Have excellent physical, chemical and thermal stability.
- Specifically controlled porosity and surface area enables these adsorbents to be used in many separation applications such as antibiotic processing, removal / recovery of Phenols, recovery of natural products from herbal extracts etc.
- Can be regenerated using various regenerants such as organic solvents like methanol, ethanol etc as well as caustic soda solution.
- Complies with the requirements stated under NSF 61 as well as U.S. Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act as amended under Food Additive Regulation 21 CFR 173.65-Divinylbenzene polymer